BlueDot is ready for Tour Divide! Read on for a glimpse of what it is, or install it now from this link:
Note: last year’s event roster is currently displayed. This year’s roster will load automatically once it is ready.
BlueDot is a smart phone app made for the ultra racer or back country enthusiast. It works with Trackleaders to bring location information of SPOT based racers to handheld devices. It’s got several ways to stay in touch with current route conditions. It even works in a completely disconnected state, saving previously retrieved SPOT information.
BlueDot is a web app and is installed from the link above.
With BlueDot for Tour Divide you can
- Keep track of the current state of the race from your smartphone
- View share messages via SPOT Connect
- Current radar overlay on route map
- See the most recent snow depth model on route
- Add custom routes, cuesheets, and even riders
- Interact with Facebook
- Use Google maps when connected
- Use stored map tiles when offline (or to just save battery power)
Map with route, Google road map, Matt Lee’s SPOT point, and popup with link to his rider page.
Matthew’s rider page.
Something on everyone’s mind, snow overlay maps!
The scale is in the help system…
MyTopo base maps.
Take control over BlueDot’s network access.
Have fun with it, and fire away with any questions/comments.